As per SEBI guidelines, it is mandatory to verify your KYC details such as email ID and mobile number registered with the KRA (KYC Registration Agency) by September 2023. You can even refer to the circulars here NSE BSE, MCX. To do this, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit cvlkra.com
- Click the KYC inquiry section
- Enter your PAN and captcha details
- Click ‘Submit’ to fetch your status
- Refer to the ‘KRA’ column to find out the name of your KRA where KYC is registered
- It will be one of these 5 - CVL KRA, KARVY KRA, NDML KRA, DOTEX KRA, CAMS KRA
- Now where your KYC is registered go to that website and follow the on-screen instructions to verify your mobile number and email ID
1. CVL KRA
2. KARVY KRA
3. NDML KRA
4 .DOTEX KRA
5. CAMS KRA
- For example as per the below image, KYC is on hold for email /mobile validation fail with KRA so you will visit the respective KRA website to verify your mobile number and email ID.
- Once validated, you’ll see ‘New KYC Validated’ message as shown below:
If you don’t verify your mobile number and email ID before 1st September 2023 then the following trading restrictions will apply:
You will not be allowed to trade post 1st September
Open positions will be squared-off on or before 1st September to prevent the risk of physical delivery or margin penalties
Your Demat account will be frozen from 6th September
Once your information is confirmed on the KRA portal, please share the screenshot of validated status with us by raising a ticket. After this it will take around 2 business days for the update to reflect with Upstox and you can resume trading.
If your email ID and mobile number on the KRA website is different, you need to edit it on Upstox by following the steps mentioned below.
Once we receive your request, we will update your requested details at our end & also, we will send it to KRA to update the same within 3 business days. You may receive a verification link or OTP from KRAs end. Requesting you to please follow the link & get the verification done.
Furthermore, if your KYC information remains incomplete, your Demat Account will be deactivated effective September 6th, 2023.
For further insights into KYC, please refer to the articles below: