Every time you place an order on Upstox, you may be charged brokerage and a few other charges. Here’s a breakdown of them all
Types of charges
- Brokerage - Brokerage is levied by Upstox on each order placed. Upstox has a flat fee structure and brokerage charges have an upper ceiling of ₹20 /order for all segments.
Government/Intermediaries levied (Statutory/Regulatory requirement)
- STT/CTT - Securities Transaction Tax and Commodity Transaction Tax is a direct tax levied by the government on transactions and it varies as per the segments.
- Transaction charges - These charges are levied by the exchanges like BSE, NSE & MCX and are also called Exchange fees or Exchange turnover charges.
- GST - This is the tax levied by the government on the services rendered and currently is 18% (on brokerage + transaction charges + SEBI fees + DP charges).
- SEBI charges - These charges are levied by SEBI across all segments.
- Stamp duty - Stamp duty is charged by the government and now the rates are uniform across the states. This tax is applicable only on buy orders.
- IPFT(NSE)- Investor protection Fund trust charges are levied by NSE on Equity(Delivery, Intraday), Futures &Options and currency Futures &Options
- DP Charges - DP transaction charges are levied by CDSL on all ‘Sell’ transactions from your Demat holdings (Equity Delivery). They are charged once per scrip per day. DP charges will be calculated as per your DP plan.
Other statutory and regulatory charges
1. STT/CTT, Transaction charges, GST, SEBI charges and Stamp duty
2. DP Charges