1. Visit https://upstox.com and sign up with your mobile number.
2. Next verify your mobile number by entering the OTP sent on that number.
3. Set a 6-digit PIN to sign-in.
4. Enter the 6-digit PIN to sign-in.
Or you can download our app via this link https://upstox.com/upstox-pro-mobile/ and follow these steps:
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and verify it with an OTP.
- Once you enter the OTP, you have to create a 6-digit PIN and re-enter it to confirm the same.
- After this, you will be able to login & click on the 'Create Upstox Account' button at the top.
5. Now add your email address by selecting any one option.
6. Verify with an OTP.
7. Enter your ‘First name’ and ‘Last name’ and click ‘Continue’.
8. After clicking on 'Continue' the next step is to enter PAN details and Date of Birth.
9. Enter your father’s name as per your PAN.
10. Enter your 'Personal Details' and click ‘Continue’.
11. Next your ‘Signature’ is required for which you can ‘Sign digitally’ or ‘Upload photo’. Kindly ensure your signature matches with your PAN.
A. Digital Signature: If you click on ‘Sign digitally’, ensure you follow the instructions on the screen
- Signature should be done within the box
- Initials will not be accepted
- Signature should be readable and clear
- Signature should match your PAN signature
B. Upload Signature Manually: If you want to upload a photo of your signature, please ensure
- Signature matches your PAN card signature
- Signature is readable and clear
- Signature is on a plain white paper in blue or black pen
- Initials will not be accepted
12. Next, click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
13. Now if you’ve got an existing Demat account with another broker it means you are ‘KRA Compliant’ and you’ve completed your registration process with the KYC Registration Agency (KRA) and your KYC details have been verified and authenticated. In this case, click on ‘Proceed’: But if you don’t want to continue with the same address, then you can click on ‘Use a different address’ and proceed through DigiLocker.
14. And if this is your first Demat account, it will mean that you’re ‘Non- KRA’ Compliant as you’ve not completed your registration process with the KYC Registration Agency (KRA) and KYC details have not been verified and authenticated. In this case, you will need to complete the KYC registration process by linking your DigiLocker with Upstox.
15. To do this, enter your Aadhaar number and OTP.
16. On the next screen you will see a request to allow camera access to capture a live photograph (a requirement mandated by SEBI).
- Your face should be clearly visible
- You can’t wear glasses, headphones etc.
- Your image should display only you and not anyone else
17. Link your Savings/Current bank account for fund transfers for trading and investing. Ensure to add your own bank details, and know that joint accounts are accepted.
A. If you select ‘Verify with UPI’ it is advised to scan the QR code, which will result in an automatic debit of ₹1 to verify bank details. Once your bank account details are verified, the ₹1 will be refunded.
B. If you select ‘Add Bank details manually’, you’ll need to enter your Account Number, IFSC code and name and select an account type (Savings or Current). If details are updated correctly then ₹1 rupee will be credited to your bank account.
18. Next you’ll see benefits of your brokerage plan.
19. Now if you want to activate F&O (Futures and Options), Currency and MCX (Commodity) trading, income proof is needed. Click on ‘Upload now’ or you can do this later by clicking on ‘Upload later’.
20. Upload any one of the income proof documents mentioned in the image below.
If you select ‘Bank statement’, select the bank name.
You’ll get to choose from the following two options
a. Automatically Fetch
b. Upload Bank Statement
21. Then you will see a ‘Nominee Addition’ screen where you can add upto 3 nominees for your account.
- Click on ‘Add now’ to add nominees right away or click on ‘Add later’ to add them later.
- If you click ‘Add now’ then you need to add nominee details and upload anyone of these as address proof for them - Driving licence, Passport, Aadhaar, PAN, Voter ID or Birth Certificate.
22. Final step is to verify your application with Aadhaar. To do this, you will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Enter this OTP
- Enter your Aadhaar number, tick the T&C box, and click on Get OTP.
- Enter the OTP and complete the process.
23. Once you have successfully completed the Upstox Account Opening process you can track your application status. It will take up to 4 working days to verify and activate your Upstox account.