We have updated the app to give you a better experience
- If you’re using an older version of the app, get your answer here:
- If you’re using the updated version of the Upstox app, read this.
Your 'Used Margin’ section would be used in either of the two scenarios:
1. From your total 'Available to Trade' balance, when an amount of funds is used for trading, this amount will be shown in 'used margin. This is denoted as a positive amount. The possible scenarios when this may happen is -
- You buy Stock in the Equity Delivery segment.
- You buy or short sell a Stock in the Equity Intraday segment.
- You buy or short sell a Derivatives (Futures & Options) contract in Intraday or Delivery.
- You carry forward an open position to the next trading day for either a Futures contract or an Options contract (on the short side only).
2. Whenever you successfully sell a Delivery position, an amount will be receivable by you, and this amount will be shown in 'Used margin'. This will be denoted as a negative amount. The possible scenarios when this may happen is -
- You successfully sell a Stock in the Equity Delivery segment (from your Demat account.
- You sell an open position (on the buy-side) in the Options segment.
If you’re using an older version of the app, get your answer here:
Login to the Upstox App using your Upstox User ID, Password, and Passcode (Year of Birth).
Click on the "Funds" tab and then check the Used Margin.
If you’re using the updated version of the Upstox app, read this.
Login to the Upstox app using your 6-digit Pin or Biometrics.
Click on the Account tab where the Wallet screen will be reflected and then check the Used Margin.