To transfer shares from your Upstox Demat Account to another CDSL/NSDL Demat account, you will need to submit a DIS (delivery instruction slip). This needs to be duly filled and signed by all the account holders.
You can find this slip by clicking here: https://upstox.com/files/new-dis-booklet-application-form.pdf
Here's a sample to help you understand this better.
Here’s what you need to fill out on the instruction slip:
- DP Name: Target DP Name (this states where you want your shares to be transferred to)
- DP ID: Target DP Id
- Client ID: Demat a/c Number of the client in whose account you are transferring the shares
- Security details: Scrip name, ISIN, and quantity
Once you have filled this out, kindly courier the instruction slip to the following address
30th Floor, Sunshine Tower,
Senapati Bapat Marg,
Mumbai - 400013
- The shares will be transferred on the 'Execution Date' mentioned on the Slip.
- The charges for off-market transfer of shares will be levied as per the DP exit charges. This amount will be added in your monthly DP Bill.
- The transfer of shares takes a minimum of 24 working hours.
- Once RKSV submits the instruction slip, CDSL will send you OTP to validate your request for the transfer. You will need to approve the transfer on the same day that you receive the OTP. If you are unable to do so, you will have to repeat the entire process again.
In case of any other queries, kindly ‘Raise a Ticket’ from Web Portal and Mobile Application. Our team will be glad to assist you.