When you open a Upstox account, the Equities segment and BSE Mutual Funds are activated by default. So, you can start investing and trading in them instantly. However other segments such as Futures & Options (F&O), Currencies (CUR), and Commodities segments (MCX), are optional. And in order to activate them, you need to submit sufficient income proof because each of these segments has its own trading rules, timings, and products.
1) Log in to the Upstox web platform: https://pro.upstox.com/login
2) Once you have logged in.
3) Click on the Profile on the top right, where the name reflected (on the pro.upstox.com Web Portal).
4) Click on the ‘Activate segment’ for the segment you want to activate.
5) Based on the value of your holdings, you will be asked to upload your income proof.
If the value of your holdings > ₹5k: income proof will not be required.
If the value of your Holdings < ₹5k: income proof will be required. You can upload your bank statement, ITR, or salary slip. Kindly follow the clear instructions mentioned based on the income proof type selected.
For MCX, you will also be asked to upload a live photo and geolocation, as shown below-
6) You can eSign your application by following these steps:
Click on the ‘eSign’ button.
Enter your Aadhaar number.
Enter the OTP received on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
7) Once your request is placed successfully, it will take about 48 hours for your segments to get activated. We will be informing you over email / SMS about the status of your request.
Note: Your mobile number registered with Aadhar should be active while you are proceeding with the above steps.
Below is the detailed list of documents you can upload as income proof:
Note: Request you to please check the document before uploading to avoid rejection of the request.
Bank Statement: The bank statement must have the bank's logo or stamp on it and also your name, bank name, bank account number, and the IFSC Code
A mini statement or m-banking statement will not be accepted.
The bank statement should be of the latest 6 months.
The bank statement should have a minimum closing balance of ₹10,000
Please Note: We don't accept Payments bank (such as Paytm) and NRI banks on Individual Resident account as bank proof.
Most recent Income Tax Returns (Form 16 - Part A & B).
Most recent (latest month’s) Salary slip.
Latest 1-month payslip if the salary is more than ₹10,000 with company logo and stamp/signature.
Latest 6 months payslip if the salary is less than ₹10,000 with company logo and stamp/signature.