When you open a Upstox account, the Equities segment and BSE Mutual Funds are activated by default. So, you can start investing and trading in them instantly. However other segments such as Futures & Options (F&O), Currencies (CUR), and Commodities segments (MCX), are optional. And in order to activate them, you need to submit sufficient income proof because each of these segments has its own trading rules, timings, and products.
1) Log in to the Upstox web platform: app.upstox.com.
2) Once you have logged in. click on Old upstox.
3) Click on the Profile on the top right, where the name reflected (on the pro.upstox.com Web Portal).
4) Click on the ‘Activate segment’ for the segment you want to activate.
5) Based on the value of your holdings, you will be asked to upload your income proof.
If the value of your holdings > ₹5k: income proof will not be required.
If the value of your Holdings < ₹5k: income proof will be required. You can upload your bank statement, ITR, or salary slip. Kindly follow the clear instructions mentioned based on the income proof type selected.
For MCX, you will also be asked to upload a live photo and geolocation, as shown below-
6) You can eSign your application by following these steps:
- Click on the ‘eSign’ button.
- After clicking on ‘Submit’ you will be redirected to the NSDL website where you need to enter your Aadhaar number and tick on the checkbox, also click on ‘Send OTP’.
7) Once your request is placed successfully, it will take about 24-48 working hours for your segments to get activated. We will be informing you over email / SMS about the status of your request.
Note: Your mobile number registered with Aadhar should be active while you are proceeding with the above steps.
Below is the detailed list of documents you can upload as income proof:
Note: Request you to please check the document before uploading to avoid rejection of the request.