Government securities are financial instruments issued by the Government to raise funds from the public or institutional investors. They are considered one of the safest forms of investment because they are backed by the Government's credit and reputation.
- From the ‘Account’ section switch to ‘Upstox for investors’ if you’re on the ‘Upstox Pro for traders’ mode.
- Navigate to the ‘More’ section and click on ‘Fixed Income’.
- From the ‘Explore’ section, select securities in which you want to Invest in
- Go through the details of the Government security and click on the ‘Apply button’
- Select the number of units who wish to purchase and review your order
- Select a payment mode and complete the payment process
- Done! Your order has been placed
If all details of your application are correct, you will get to know about your allotment status on the allotment date which is around 2 working days from the application closing date. In case your application fails, the order amount will be credited to your Upstox wallet within one working day.