T2T or Trade to Trade is a segment of stocks for which it is mandatory to take delivery of shares for any transactions. Intraday and BTST trades are not allowed for these stocks as it is compulsory to deliver the shares.
How do I identify stocks in T2T segment?
When the stocks are placed in T2T or Trade to Trade segment, they scripname is changed to indicate the same.
- NSE: The word "BE" is added to the scrip name. Example: If "ADANIPOWER" was moved to T2T segment, its name on NSE will change to "ADANIPOWER BE". After it is removed from T2T segment and normal trading is allowed, the scrip name will change back to "ADANIPOWER"
- BSE: The word "T" is added to the scrip name. Example: If "ADANIPOWER" was moved to T2T segment, its name on BSE will change to "ADANIPOWER T".
How do I trade in stocks in T2T segment?
When transacting in stocks which are in T2T segment:
- If you buy shares then you must take delivery of the shares in your demat account
- If you sell shares, you must give the delivery of shares.
- The quantity which is in T1 holdings can not be sold. You can sell these shares only when they are settled and delivered to your demat account (T+1 settlement)
- Since delivery is mandatory, you can not perform Intraday or BTST trades.