Here’s how you can apply for a buyback via web portal.
1. Login to account.upstox.com using your registered mobile number or scan the QR code.
2. Click on ‘Actions’
3. Under ‘Actions’, select ‘Corporate Actions’
4. Under the buyback tab, you can check for details of the scrip. Click on ‘Apply’ option
5. Enter the quantity you want to apply for and verify the details. Then click on ‘Apply’
Note: If your POA is updated then the buyback will be confirmed. If your POA is not updated, you will be redirected to the CDSL Portal.
6. On CDSL. if you have a TPIN then click on ‘Continue to CDSL’. If you do not have a TPIN then select ‘Generate TPIN on CDSL’
7. If you have a TPIN, then enter the TPIN and click on ‘Verify’
8. Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and email ID
9. Click on ‘Verify’
10. Once you see ‘Transaction approved’ on the screen, you can close the browser tab and return to the portal.
11. On the confirmation page, click on ‘Done’
12. You can also check the buyback status under ‘Order Placed ‘
- Buy-back/ Takeover/ Delisting orders are collected until 1:00 PM on the offer end date. Make sure that you hold enough quantity in your Demat account before the closure of the offer end date.
- Charges for the orders placed online are flat ₹20 + GST. These charges are non-refundable irrespective of orders accepted/rejected/failed.
- Statutory charges are applicable during a Buyback transaction.
- All the funds for your accepted shares will be directly credited to your bank account and in case of excess shares, they will be credited back to your Demat account by the registrar and transfer agents (RTA).