Carried forwards positions are those active positions which are transferred from the previous day.
- In carry forward, you purchase the shares but do not sell them on the same day.
- For carry forward positions, you should have sufficient margin in your account if you wish to carry forward your positions, otherwise Upstox would sell them the very next day at the prevailing prices.
- Positions can be carried forward only for the Future and Options segment (Stocks, Indices, Currency, Commodities).
- Positions which are carry forwarded are displayed under 'Trades'→ 'Positions' tab.
- Select a position and navigate to the 'History' tab. Here, the 'Carried Forward' sections displays positions which are active from the previous day.