Once MTF is activated, buying Stocks using MTF is easy. Just follow these steps:
1.Log into your Upstox account
2. Click on the ‘Accounts’ tab and Check your ‘Available to trade’ balance under Wallet.
3. Then, go to the my list & select any NSE scrip mentioned here:
4. Click on the Buy button and Choose ‘Delivery’ as the product type.
5. You will get to see "Get up to 50% funds from us’" with its toggle as off. Fill in the rest of the order details and set the toggle on.
6. Place the order accordingly with your wallet balance and swipe to submit the order.
7. The order confirmation page will appear, click on ‘done’ and place your order.
8. You can check your MTF order status under the ‘Orders’ option of the ‘Trades’ tab
Keep in mind:
1. MTF is only available for equity delivery orders.
2. When you place an MTF order, on the same day you will get a notification from Upstox to authorize the order on CDSL before 9:30 PM. Click on this notification to complete the authorization or go to Account >>>Actions>MTF Authorization.
Detailed steps to authorize MTF through the mobile application
1. Log in to our mobile app
2. Click on the ‘Accounts’ tab
3. Select ‘Action’ under ‘Accounts’
4. Click on ‘MTF Authorization’
5. Click on ‘Authorize pending’
6. Click on ‘Continue to CDSL’
7. You will be redirected to the CDSL site where you need to enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile number and email id.
8. Verify the OTP and you will receive a notification confirming that ‘You have successfully authorized the trades”
Authorization is a mandatory step from CDSL. If you do not authorize your MTF trades before 9:30 PM on the same day, then we will convert your MTF trade to Delivery Holdings at the end of the next trading day and it will start reflecting under your Holdings from T+2 day. If you do not have sufficient funds after conversion to Delivery Holdings, we will have to recover the amount by selling your converted holdings on T+3 days.