The Delivery option is for users who want to buy stocks and hold them for a longer period which is more than a day.
For delivery based Equity trades:
- To buy Stocks for CNC or for Delivery 100% money is required. This means enough funds should be available in your Upstox account.
- To sell Stocks as CNC, Stocks need to be available in your holdings
For Delivery based F&O trades:
- Exchange-stipulated margins (Span+ Exposure) are required to take positions as Delivery. Positions can be held until expiry, provided the required margins are maintained.
The Intraday option is for users who want to buy/sell stocks on the same day.
For Intraday trades in Equity and F&O:
- Trades using Intraday for additional leverage/margin. All Intraday positions shall be auto-squared 15 to 30 minutes before the markets close or when losses exceed 50% of the margin (auto square-off rule can vary based on market conditions).
- To know more about available margins click here.
The link giving details related to - autosquare off.