How to Pledge shares? (On Desktop)
1. Log in to account.upstox.com using your 6-digit PIN or biometrics
2. Click on ‘Actions’
3. Select ‘Margin Pledge’
4. On this screen, you can check previous transaction details by clicking on ‘Transaction history’. You can also learn the process of pledging by choosing ‘Learn how to pledge shares’
5. Under the ‘Pledge shares’ section, go to ‘Holdings available to pledge’ to know the stocks from your portfolio which are eligible to be pledged.
6. You can now select the scrip and enter the quantity you want to pledge. You can also check if this scrip has already been pledged by you.
7. Next, check all the relevant details and click on ‘Apply’
8. Remember to verify the number of scrips, margin and terms & conditions
9. You can now scroll down the screen and click on ‘Submit Request’
9. After clicking on ‘Submit request’, you will now be redirected to the CDSL page where you have to enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
10 Click on ‘Verify’
11. And verification is complete! Click on ‘Close this tab’ to return to the web portal
12. If your pledge request is approved, you should see ‘Success’ as the status
13, Click on ‘Done’
14 You can always check the status of your current and previous pledge requests under ‘Transaction History’
15 You will receive an SMS from CDSL confirming the details of your pledge
You can check the increased margin amount under ‘Collateral margin’ in your securities wallet
If you place the pledge request before 4:00 PM, it will be processed on the same day and the margin will be available from the next working day.
If you have placed your pledge request after 4:00 PM, it will be processed on the next working day and the margin will be available on the T+2 working day (within two working days).
Example: (Before 4 pm) If you place a pledge request before 4 pm on Monday (T day) then it will be processed on the same day and the margin will be made available on Tuesday(T+1)
Example: (After 4 PM) If you place a pledge request after 4 PM on Monday (T day) then it will be processed on the next working day Tuesday (T+1) and margin will be available from Wednesday onwards (T+2)