You can choose to remove a nominee or opt-out nominees by following these steps.
1.Login to the Upstox app using your 6-digit PIN or Biometrics.
2. Click on the ‘Account’ at the bottom of the screen
3. Click ‘Account’, and then ‘Profile’.
4) Click ‘My nominee’s’ under ‘Profile’.You will be redirected to the ‘Nominee details’ page.
5) Click on ‘Opt-out”’
6) After clicking on ‘Opt-out’ you will get a confirmation screen. If you wish to proceed then click on Confirm.
7) Once you click on “Confirm” you will be redirected to Esign
Lastly, eSign your document by clicking on ‘eSign (Recommended)’. This can be done only if your Aadhaar is linked to a mobile number
You will now be redirected to the eSign confirmation page, here click on ‘Continue with eSign’
Then you will be redirected to validate the eSign. Click on ‘ESIGN NOW’.
Now you will be redirected to the confirmation page, where you have to click on the checkbox and accept the ‘Terms of service’ and click on ‘Submit’
After clicking on ‘Submit’ you will be redirected to the NSDL website where you need to enter your Aadhaar number and tick on the checkbox, also click on ‘Send OTP’.
You will receive an OTP on the Aadhaar linked mobile number.
Enter the OTP and click ‘Verify OTP’.
Once you verify the OTP, you will be able to view the ‘Signed Successfully’ confirmation page. Do not close the window, it will close automatically.
Once you submit your request for opting out of the nominee addition process It will take 24 -48 hours to complete the request.