Once MTF is activated, buying Stocks using MTF is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Log into your Upstox account
- Select an NSE Cash Stock listed in the Futures & Options segment. You can find a complete list of such stocks here.
- Choose ‘Delivery’ as the product type.
- You will get to see "Get up to 50% funds from us’" with its toggle as off. Fill in the rest of the order details and set the toggle on.
- Click on ‘review your order’ to place your order. Your MTF trade will be successfully placed and you can find it under the Positions tab on the Upstox app.
- Now, you just need to authorize this. To do this you can go to My account>> my.upstox.com>> Authorize MTF trades or click on the link in the notification sent to you.
- You will be redirected to CDSL’s site, where you can authorize your MTF trade by entering the OTP sent to you via CDSL.
- This is mandatory as per SEBI guidelines and authorization needs to be done before 9:30 PM on the same day.