When you open an Upstox account, the Stock (Equities) segment and Mutual Funds are activated by default. So, you can start investing and trading in them instantly. However other segments such as Futures & Options (F&O), Currencies (CUR), and Commodities segments (MCX), are optional. And in order to activate them, you need to submit sufficient income proof because each of these segments has its own trading rules, timings, and products different from Stocks and Mutual Funds.
Hence, customers trading in the Futures & Options, Currency, and Commodity segments are asked to upload their financial statements as income proof. They can upload any one of the documents below:
- Copy of ITR acknowledgement
- Copy of form 16 in case of salary income
- Networth certificate
- Salary Slip
- Latest link Demat Account Statement
- Linked/Registered bank account statements of last six months
- Any other relevant documents substantiating ownership of assets
To upload the given document:
- Go to the profile drop down and click on 'My Account'
- You will see complete your pending tasks on this page, click on update income proof
- Upload and update the required income proof or financial statement