What is eMudhra?
eMudhra is a PAN-based eSign service provider. It basically lets you digitally sign any form based on your PAN and mobile number.
Why should you use eMudhra?
Steps for those who already have an account with another broker:
1) Select eMudhra eSign on the eSign step in the onboarding flow
2) Follow instructions on this screen
3) Select the PAN details options and enter the details required as mentioned in the screenshot below.
Upload required documents for eMudhra account creation (image, address proof, and ID proof)
4) Set username and MPIN. This will be required at the time of eSigning any document, we recommend to set your PAN as username and MPIN as per discretion.
5) Click on proceed to verify. Now press continue to record your In-Person Verification (IPV) video which is mandatory
6) On completing your IPV video recording, navigate back to the Upstox website and click on the continue button to eSign your Upstox account opening form.
7) Click on perform eSign after entering MPIN and OTP (that you set above).
8) Navigate back to the Upstox account opening application webpage, it may take upto 3-4 hours for us to receive the eSign on your account opening application form. You can track the status of your application via the link received in SMS/email from Upstox.
Steps for eMudhra when I don't have an account with another broker:
1) Click on eSign with eMudhra
2) Set MPIN and complete video recording
3) Navigate back to Upstox and click on the continue button to perform eSign
4) Enter PAN number in the signer ID field, MPIN as set earlier and the OTP received on your mobile number (entered during the Upstox account opening process)
5) Click on the perform eSign button to complete eSign with eMudhra.
You will automatically navigate back to the Upstox website once you have clicked on the 'perform eSign' button. Getting your document eSigned may take upto 3-4 hours. You can track the status of your Upstox account opening application with the link you receive in SMS.