You can sell their stocks in real-time without giving us a POA through our electronic delivery instruction slip or eDis.
To do this you'll only need a TPIN from CDSL and an OTP which will come on your registered mobile number.
How to get/generate a TPIN?
There are two ways to generate a TPIN, one from Upstox and the other from the CDSL website.
Generating TPIN from Upstox:
1. Go to My Account from Upstox Web Application
2. Under Power of Attorney (POA) section click on Get New PIN. You will receive it on your registered email ID and mobile number.
Generating TPIN From CDSL website:
1. Go to the following link: https://edis.cdslindia.com/home/generatepin
2. Enter your BO ID (which is your Demat Account Number) and PAN details
You can get your Demat Account Number by logging in to the Upstox Mobile app and clicking on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner.
Click on your name and you shall then see a 16-digit Demat account number.
If you are a web user, you can access this number by clicking on ‘My account’.
4. Once you have entered these details, CDSL will send you an OTP on your registered mobile number and email id (the one that you have linked with your Upstox account), enter the OTP there.
5. And that’s it. You are done. CDSL will now send you the TPIN via SMS and email on your registered mobile number and email ID.
After you receive or generate your TPIN, you can use it to authorize any sell order that you place of your Demat holdings along with an OTP.
6. You can also set a TPIN of your choice by setting your TPIN using this link. Enter the new TPIN and click submit.
To know more about selling Stocks via eDis click here.