Below are the steps to open a new account:
1) Visit our website www.upstox.com. Click on ‘Open Demat Account’.
2) A new page will open where you’ll have to sign up using your credentials, i.e., email address & mobile number.
Update Basic Details:
1) Enter the PAN number & referral details of the person who referred you.
Note: Date of birth should be as per PAN card.
2) Provide some other basic details like gender, marital status, etc.
3) On the same page you will have to declare your tax residency.
Select Segment and Plan:
1) Now, select the segments you wish to trade in.
Note: It's compulsory for you to open a demat a/c even if you do not wish to trade in equity.
2) Select the plan details on the same page.
Note: You can switch the plan in future through our back office portal, Keystone. This will be free of charge.
3) If you have a coupon code, enter it here.
4) After clicking ‘Next’, you can participate in the following lucky draw contest. You can either select ‘Yes’ or no as per your wish.
There are two ways to upload your documents:
Manually Upload Documents
You just need to upload two documents. Please click on ‘Connect your DigiLocker with Upstox’ and upload your documents.
If you wanted to upload documents manually, click on ‘PROCEED WITHOUT DIGILOCKER AND MANUALLY UPLOAD DOCUMENT’.
1) Enter your bank details.
2) Upload your signature & income proof.
Note: Income proof is mandatory if you wish to trade in all segments except equity.
3) Enter your address and upload an address proof.
Note: The address entered and the address on the proof should match.
4) Upload your PAN card & photograph at the end
Referral & Prepaid Brokerage Plan
1) You can refer Upstox to your friends and family and earn a reward!
2) Confirm your email ID.
3) Once you click on ‘Get OTP’, you will receive the OTP on your email ID. Verify & proceed.
4) After this, you will get the option to select the brokerage plan.
Note: The brokerage plan amounts are excluding GST
*Brokerage charges may change
5) Choose your payment method
6) After making the payment, you will get a confirmation message.
Step 6: Submission
1) You can either e-sign along with providing your ‘Aadhaar OTP’ or select the ‘I will courier the form’ option.
2) If you select the e-sign option:
a) You will get the first option to enter OTP sent on a registered mobile number with Upstox.
b) Than you will be asked to enter Aadhaar number, tick terms & conditions box and click on Get OTP.
c) Enter OTP and complete process
d) After this, you’ll receive an email on your registered email ID regarding the Power of Attorney (POA).
3) If you select the offline process:
a) A pre-filled form, along with all uploaded documents, will be sent to your registered email ID.
b) Take a printout of the form as well as the documents.
c) Sign wherever there are cross marks on the form.
d) Attach your photograph on the KYC page and sign across it (Page no. 4 for the security form and Page no. 3 for the MCX form).
e) Self-attest all the documents and courier it along with the form to our Bhayander address.
Step 7: In-Person Verification Video (IPV)
If your PAN card is not KYC registered, you are required to upload a 10-second long IPV along with the submitted address proof.
Important: You will have to upload 1 video of 10 seconds, where you have to show the address proof along with your face and say, “This is my original document and it belongs to me.” You can upload this or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you submit your complete account opening form and upload all the required documents for verification, it takes about 12-24 hours to open an account.