At the time of opening your account, if adequate income proof was not provided, we only open your account in the Stock (Equity) Segment and in Mutual Funds.
To activate the other segments, follow these simple steps:
Login to the Upstox app
Below is the link for the Web Portal.
Once you have logged in :
- Click on the Menu (Hamburger icon) on the top left corner [on the Upstox Pro app]
- Click on the Profile on the top right, where the name reflected [on the pro.upstox.com Web Portal]
On the Upstox Pro Android App, it will look like this -
On the Upstox Pro Web, it will look like this:
3. Click on the ‘Activate segment’ for the segment you want to activate.
4. Based on the value of your holdings, you will be asked to upload your income proof.
If the value of your Holdings > ₹5k: income proof will not be required.
If the value of your Holdings < ₹5k: income proof will be required. You can upload your bank statement, ITR, or salary slip. Kindly follow the clear instructions mentioned based on the income proof type selected.
For MCX, you will also be asked to upload a live photo and geolocation, as shown below -
5. You can eSign or courier your application
If you wish to eSign, follow these steps
- Click on the ‘eSign’ button
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Enter the OTP received on your Aadhar-linked mobile number
6. Once your request is placed successfully, it will take about 48 hours for your segments to get activated. We will be informing you over email / sms about the status of your request.
Note: Your mobile number registered with Aadhar should be active while you are proceeding with the above steps.
Below is the detailed list of documents you can upload as income proof:
Note: Request you to please check the document before uploading to avoid rejection of the request.
Bank Statement: The bank statement must have the
bank's logo or stamp on it and also
Bank account number
The mini statement or m-banking statement will not be accepted.
Bank statement should be of the latest 6 months.
Bank statement should have minimum closing balance of ₹10,000
Please Note: We don't accept Payments bank (such as Paytm) and NRI banks on Individual Resident account as bank proof
Most recent Income Tax Returns (Form 16 - Part A & B)
Most recent (latest month’s) Salary slip.
Latest 1 month payslip if salary is more than ₹ 10,000 with company logo and stamp/signature
Latest 6 months payslip if salary is less than ₹ 10,000 with company logo and stamp/signature